Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour Details
• April 7-15, 2019 (8 nights)
• Group size: min 5, max 8
• Cost: $4,500, single supplement $575
• Tour starts and ends in Naples, Italy
Join us on this 8-day Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour and photograph timeless Naples, the undiscovered back-in-time island of Procida and the romantic and rugged Amalfi Coast.
We will begin this Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour in the often overlooked Italian port city of Naples.
Naples is an interesting and lively city that grows on you the more time you spend there. We love the food, wine and coffee and the people are the friendliest we have encountered in Italy. This city offers a number of great photo opportunities. After photographing Naples, we’re off to the back-in-time island of Procida, a gem that I happened upon about 25 years ago, shortly after the charming movie Il Postino (The Postman) had been filmed there. Mass tourism has yet to take hold here so we get to experience the Italy of a few generations past. Marina Corricella with its colorful cascading houses and tranquil harbor and colorful fishing boats is a photographic highlight here. We love this island! We then take the ferry back to the port of Naples where we pick up the rental van and proceed south to the amazing Amalfi Coast for three nights before heading back to Naples for the last two nights of this Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour.
Join us for this 8-day Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour for an experience of a lifetime in a region that you will not want to leave!
- Three nights in Naples, one at the beginning of the tour and two at the end.
- Two nights on the island of Procida, a 30-minute boat ride from the port of Naples.
- Three nights in the small agricultural town of Agerola, poised above the Amalfi Coast. This location offers us easy access to the villages of Positano, Amalfi, Atrani and Ravello as well as a breathtaking mountain trail aptly called “The Path of the Gods.”
- We will also take time during this Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour to share images and learn post processing and in-the-field techniques.
- In addition to great photography opportunities on our Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour, we will have time for photo sharing and critiques. We will also be lecturing on photographic topics including:
- Digital Workflow
- Panoramic Photography
- Depth of Field calculation
- Focal Blending
- Blue Hour Photography
- Filters, Neutral Density and Neutral Density Grads
- Photoshop & Lightroom Tips and Tricks
- Nik software
April 7, 2019
The Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour begins at 3 pm at our hotel in Naples, Italy. After an introductory meeting and dinner, we will experience our first blue hour photo session nearby looking out over the city and bay with Mt. Vesuvius in the background (on a clear day).
April 8 & 9
Morning departure via taxi to the port of Naples where we catch a hydrofoil for the 30-minute journey to the island of Procida. We will have two days and two nights here to explore and photograph.
April 10, 11 & 12
We leave magical Procida on the morning of the 10th, pick up the rental van in Naples and make our way to Agerola, our peaceful home base for 3 days and 3 nights above the beautiful Amalfi Coast.
April 13 & 14
We head back to Naples for 2 days of photographing and exploring the inner labyrinth of this ancient city.
Our tour ends after breakfast. If you have not experienced a visit to the ruins of Pompei, we highly suggest you spend an extra day or two. Order your tickets on the internet to avoid waiting in long lines. There is public transport to Pompei from Naples. Easy transport is available to the airport.
Dates: April 7-15, 2019 (8 nights)
Cost: $4,500 | single supplement $575
A $500 deposit will secure your spot. Click here to make your deposit »
What is included?
- 8 nights lodging
- All breakfasts
- Daily van transportation to photo locations
- All entrance fees and tolls
- Jim’s & Magrit’s expertise in guiding and photographic instruction
Level of physical difficulty: 2 out of 5
In many of the locations on this Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour we need to walk to our photo destinations. For part of the Bay of Naples & Amalfi Coast Photo Tour we will be traveling in a 9 passenger van (the Amalfi segment). You must be physically able to step in and out of the van under your own efforts (the step up into the van is higher than a typical home stair-step). In Naples and on Procida, some city street walking is necessary.
For Terms & Conditions and insurance recommendations, please click here »
Personal Items & Weather Conditions.
Temperature range for this time of year: 50º to 67º F.
Average monthly rainfall for this time of year: 3.9″.
Try to pack light, as we will not have room in the van for more than one piece of luggage plus a camera bag for each of us. Most airlines are now charging for more than one piece of checked baggage. Keep in mind that laundry service is usually available.
Two pairs of shoes: One sturdy pair for in the field that you can get wet and muddy. One pair for evenings.
Small umbrella for rain and shade. I use an umbrella often to block the sun from hitting the front element of my lens. Black is best.
Sweater or light jacket for possible chill on early morning shoots. A light layer underneath a rain jacket can be surprisingly warm.
Hat for sun and rain protection.
Sun screen and bug repellent.
For equipment recommendations, please click here »