Photography Travel Tours
Venice Spring Tour | May 18 – May 23, 2014
Venice, Venezia, City of Bridges, City of Light, City of Water and Queen of the Adriatic are all names for this amazing city located on a group of sinking islands in the middle of a lagoon in NE Italy. But the term of endearment that best suits this idyllic place is “La Serenissima,” which means “The Most Serene” in Italian.
There really is no place on earth like Venice (not even in Las Vegas!). This is truly one of the top locations in the world to photograph. We especially like it for “twilight” or “blue hour” photography. This is the period of time just after sunset and before sunrise when during a window of opportunity of no more than 20 minutes, the incandescent street light combined with the ambient blue light of the sky allows for a perfect magical exposure.
Getting lost in the maize of narrow lanes and bridges, Venice is the perfect opportunity for finding hidden photographic gems. And Burano – I never tire of this place and we will visit it twice on this tour, it is that good! We will take time each day to share images and learn post processing and in the field techniques.
We invite you to join Jim and Magrit for this 4-day, 5-night photo tour in this magical city. It is truly one of the places not to be missed, especially for photographers
In addition to great photography opportunities we will have time for photo sharing and critiques. We will also be lecturing on photographic topics including:
- Digital Workflow
- HDR Photography
- Panoramic Photography
- Depth of Field calculation
- Focal Blending
- Blue Hour Photography
- Filters, Neutral Density and Neutral Density Grads
- Photoshop Tips and Tricks
- Nik software
This tour is offered as a stand-alone or pre-Tuscany tour extension. It is a perfect tour to include a non-photographer companion. The only extra cost is the single supplement fee of $295.
This is the perfect tour to include your non-photographer spouse, partner, or friend – no extra charge for the additional room-mate. While you are out taking great photographs, they are also having a great time exploring Venice and you meet up in the evenings to swap wonderful stories of the day’s events.
Join us for a wonderful photography tour to one of the most photogenic cities in all of the world.
Dates: May 18 to May 23 (4 days, 5 nights)
Level of physical difficulty:
2 out of 5. Involves a fair amount of walking. Of course Venice is flat but there are a great many small bridges to navigate. Participants must be able to managed their luggage to the hotel from the vaparetto stop(water bus).
- May 18: The group meets at our friendly hotel in Venice, 5 minutes from San Marco Square. For those who are continuing on with us from Tuscany, we will be arriving as a group by van and then take a private water taxi to our hotel.
- May 19 to 22: Exploring the six siestere of Venice as well as the over-the-top colorful island of Burano. We will allow time for daily image sharing as well as tutorials on post processing and in the field techniques. You will also have time on your own , if desired, to wander and explore with your camera.
- May 23: Our tour ends after breakfast.
- $ 2,195 single supplement $295 (A $500 deposit will secure your spot)
- A 5% discount will apply to those joining us from the Tuscany tour. The 5% also applies to the Tuscany tour.
Included in the price:
- 5 nights lodging.
- All breakfasts.
- Vaporetto pass(water bus) for all 4 days.
- All entrance fees to exhibits & locations that we visit for photography.
- Jim’s & Magrit’s expertise in guiding and photographic instructions.
For Terms and Conditions and information on Health & Fitness and Insurance, please click here »
Call 425.672.9760 or e-mail Jim via the contact form.
Join Jim and Magrit in this unique opportunity! Allow us to help you discover one of our all-time favorite cities. We’re looking forward to traveling with you.