The Cinque Terre | Timeless Italy Photography Travel Tour
May 10 – May 15, 2015 | Sept 23 – 28, 2015
The five villages of the Cinque Terre, Italy cling to the rugged and steep hillsides of the Italian Riviera, offering wonderful opportunites for creating stunning photographs. The Cinque Terre is one of the best destinations in the world to take a photography travel tour.
You are invited on this immersive trip with award-winning photographer Jim Nilsen and designer Magrit Baurecht Nilsen for an intimate photography travel tour.
Part of the charm of the Cinque Terre is it’s timeless nature. Little has changed in it’s outward appearance over the past centuries. Direct access by car is not possible. One must park above the villages and walk down. Paths, trains, and boats connect the five villages.
We will spend 4 days and 5 nights on this photography travel tour, exploring fascinating villages and landscapes via foot, boat, and train. We have chosen the largest of the five villages, Monterosso as our home base for this photography travel tour. Monterosso offers larger hotels, the best selection of restaurants and the most convenient access to the other villages. We will focus upon the five villages (Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore), as well as nearby Porto Venere, accessible by boat. A walking trail known as the “Sentiero Azzuro” connects the five villages. Adventure seekers can hike on this high scenic path, have lunch in the next village, and then take the train or boat back.
In addition to great photography opportunities on this photography travel tour to Cinque Terre we will have time for photo sharing and critiques. We will also be lecturing on photographic topics including:
- Digital Workflow
- HDR Photography
- Panoramic Photography
- Depth of Field calculation
- Focal Blending
- Blue Hour Photography
- Filters, Neutral Density and Neutral Density Grads
- Photoshop Tips and Tricks
- Nik software
This photography travel tour is offered as a stand-alone or pre-Tuscany tour extension. It is a perfect tour to include a non-photographer companion. The only extra cost is $350. (The single supplement fee applies to the participant). While you are out taking great photographs, they are also having a great time exploring the Cinque Terre and you meet up in the evenings to swap wonderful stories of the day’s events.
Join us for a wonderful photography travel tour to one of the most photogenic regions of Italy.
Dates: May 10 to May 15, 2015 (5 nights) & September 23 to 28, 2015 (5 nights).
Level of physical difficulty: 4 out of 5. Involves walking up and down steep hills. Participants must be able to walk up and down hills while photographing. Some of the vantage points involve 10-15 minutes of uphill walking with camera gear and tripod.
Itinerary Sping 2015:
- May 11: The group meets at the Pisa airport at 11 am where we will board our private bus for transport to Monterosso. We will check into our hotel in the old town section of Monterosso and have time to relax or explore the village before heading out for our first sunset and blue hour photography.
- May 12 to 15: Four full days exploring the five villages and some nearby excursions.
- May 16: After breakfast the group heads back to the Pisa airport via private bus. 9 am departure.
- $ 2,495, single supplement $325
- A $500 deposit will secure your spot. Click below to make your deposit.
- A 5% discount will apply to those continuing on to Tuscany with us. The 5% also applies to the Tuscany tour.
Included in the price:
- 5 nights lodging
- All breakfasts
- All train and boat fees
- Round trip shuttle between Pisa and Cinque Terre.
- All entrance fees and tolls
- Jim’s & Magrit’s expertise in guiding and photographic instructions
For Terms and Conditions and information on Health & Fitness and Insurance, please click here »
Call 425.672.9760 or e-mail Jim via the contact form.
Hop on board now and join Jim and Magrit in this unique opportunity! We’re looking forward to traveling with you.